Williams has weathered decades of change that has altered and shaped the company into what it is today. We are honored to have had the privilege to serve Southern California for the last 95 years and we could not have reached this historic milestone alone. We have many to thank who have helped along the way.
To our clients, both current and past, you are the reason we keep reaching new heights. It is all thanks to you that our company has been able to continuously provide the quality of service that upholds our high standard of excellence. Thank you for trusting us with your business data. It has been an honor, and we look to continue providing exceptional service long into the future.
We are also fortunate enough to have a hard-working team of passionate and talented individuals. Each team member has dedicated countless hours and a phenomenal amount of effort into making Williams a company worthy of our long legacy. Thank you everyone for continuing to be an integral part of our success.
Our clients and our team have remained excellent over the years, but the industry, and consequently Williams, has changed tremendously. From our start in transfer and storage to the transition to records management, Williams has seen change throughout the decades that not many have had the privilege to witness.
In 1922 when Williams was established:
- The Hollywood Bowl opens its doors for the first time as a few wooden benches and a simple awning over a stage.
- Celebrated writer T.S. Eliot writes his iconic poem “The Waste Land.”
- King Tut’s tomb is discovered by famed archaeologist Howard Carter.
During Williams expansion in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s:
- The Beatles hit the music scene and “Beatlemania” strikes the entire nation.
- Martin Luther King captivates the nation with his “I Have a Dream” speech.
- Astronaut Neil Armstrong makes one big leap for mankind and becomes the first person to ever walk on the moon.
- The environmental group “Greenpeace” is founded.
- The cable channel MTV is launched.
- Apple introduces the Macintosh personal computer.
Williams Progress through 90’s and 2000’s:
- The Hubble space telescope is launched.
- Internet usage grows seemingly overnight, and with that comes the founding of Google.
- The Cold War ends.
- Dolly the Sheep becomes the first ever cloned mammal.
- The Y2K scare causes panic that databases all over the world will go haywire.
- YouTube posts its very first videos.
From a single storage building to the multi-platform service we provide now, Williams Data Management has grown exponentially. Thank you for being with us every step of the way on this amazing journey. It has been an incredible 95 years, and we are excited for what is ahead in the coming years.